ESG 외친 대기업, 정작 준법지원인 선임 의무 외면

문홍철 기자 | 기사입력 2021/12/01 [10:21]



브레이크뉴스 문홍철 기자=
국내 대기업들이 환경·사회·지배구조(ESG) 경영 강화에 한목소리를 내고 있지만, 정작 사내 준법경영 여부를 감시하는 준법지원인 선임 의무는 다하지 않고 있는 것으로 나타났다. 관련 제도가 시행된 지 10년이 돼가지만 선임 의무 대상 기업 10곳 중 4곳이 준법경영인을 선임하지 않았다.

 

1일 CEO스코어에 따르면 국내 상장사 중 준법지원인 선임 의무가 있는 394곳을 대상으로 준법지원인 선임 여부를 조사한 결과, 249개(63.2%) 기업은 준법지원인을 선임한 반면, 나머지 145개(36.8%) 기업은 준법지원인을 선임하지 않았다.

 

준법지원인 제도는 기업의 준법경영 준수를 위해 일정규모의 상장회사들이 특정 자격을 갖춘 준법지원인을 의무적으로 두도록 하는 제도다. 2012년 시행됐는데 자산총액이 5000억원 이상인 상장회사는 준법지원인을 1명 이상 둬야 한다. 하지만, 이를 준수하지 않더라도 별다른 처벌 규정이 없어 사실상 기업 자율로 운영되고 있는 실정이다.

 

기업별 준법지원인 선임률은 자산 규모에 따라 차이가 컸다. 준법지원인 선임 의무 대상 기업 중 자산이 2조원 이상인 기업은 130곳 중 118곳이 준법지원인을 선임해 90.8%의 높은 선임률을 보였다. 

 

반면, 자산 5000억원 이상 1조원 미만 기업 169곳은 준법지원인을 선임한 곳이 66곳(39.1%)에 그쳤다. 자산 1조원 이상 2조원 미만 기업은 95곳 중 65곳(68.4%)이 준법지원인을 선임했다.

 

업종별로 보면 상사와 통신 업종은 의무 대상 기업 모두 준법지원인을 선임해 선임률이 100%였다. 이어 건설·건자재(83.8%), 조선·기계·설비(73.9%), 에너지(66.7%), 서비스(65.1%) 등 업종도 선임률이 평균을 상회했다.

 

그러나, 공기업은 의무 대상 7개 기업 모두 준법지원인을 선임하지 않은 것으로 나타났다. 특히, 강원랜드를 제외한 한국전력공사, 한국가스공사, 한국지역난방공사, 한전KPS, 한국전력기술, 그랜드코리아레저(GKL) 등 6개 기업은 준법지원인 선임 의무 대상으로 지정된 이후 단 한 번도 준법지원인을 선임하지 않았다.

 

그룹별로 보면 의무 선임 대상 기업이 있는 56개 그룹 중, 선임 의무 대상 기업 모두가 준법지원인을 선임한 그룹은 38개 그룹이었다. 삼성·현대자동차·LG(각 11곳), 롯데(10곳), 현대중공업(7곳), 신세계·CJ(각 6곳), 효성·하림(각 5곳) 등이 이에 포함됐다.

 

한편, 준법지원인을 선임한 기업 총 249곳 중 166곳(66.7%)은 변호사 자격을 갖춘 인물을 준법지원인으로 선임한 것으로 나타났다. 나머지 83곳(33.3%)은 실무 경력 기간을 만족하는 인물에게 자리를 맡기고 있었다. 준법지원인은 변호사 자격 혹은 5년 이상의 경력을 보유한 법학 교수, 그 밖에 법률적 지식과 경험이 풍부한 사람 등의 자격 요건을 충족해야 한다.

 

기업 내 준법지원인 지원조직의 직원 수가 가장 많은 곳은 삼성전자였다. 2018년 53명에서 올해 68명으로 15명 증가했다. SK하이닉스가 38명으로 2위였고 NAVER(30명), 대한항공(29명), CJ대한통운(25명), 롯데쇼핑(24명), LG전자(22명), 삼성물산(21명), 대우조선해양(20명) 등 7개 기업도 직원 20명 이상을 준법지원인 지원 조직에 두고 있는 것으로 집계됐다.

 

break9874@naver.com

 

아래는 위의 글을 구글번역이 번역한 영문의 <전문>이다. [Below is an English <Full text> translated by Google Translate.]

 

Conglomerates who shouted ESG ignore the obligation to appoint a compliance officer 

-Reporter Moon Hong-cheol 

 

It was found that large domestic corporations are raising their voices to strengthen environmental, social and governance (ESG) management, but they are not fulfilling their obligation to appoint a compliance officer who monitors whether or not compliance management is in place. Although it has been 10 years since the related system was implemented, 4 out of 10 companies subject to the appointment obligation did not appoint a compliance manager.

 

According to the CEO Score on the 1st, as a result of a survey on whether or not to appoint a compliance officer among 394 listed companies in Korea with a duty to appoint a compliance officer, 249 (63.2%) companies appointed a compliance officer, while the remaining 145 ( 36.8%) The company did not appoint a compliance officer.

 

The compliance officer system is a system that makes it mandatory for listed companies of a certain size to have a compliance officer with specific qualifications in order to comply with corporate compliance management. It was implemented in 2012, and listed companies with total assets of 500 billion won or more must have at least one compliance officer. However, even if they do not comply with this, there is no specific punishment regulation, and the company is effectively operating autonomously.

 

The ratio of compliance support officers for each company differed greatly depending on the size of the assets. Among companies subject to the obligatory appointment of a compliance officer, 118 out of 130 companies with assets of 2 trillion won or more appointed a compliance officer, showing a high hiring rate of 90.8%.

 

On the other hand, in 169 companies with assets of 500 billion won or more and less than 1 trillion won, only 66 (39.1%) appointed a compliance officer. 65 out of 95 companies (68.4%) with assets greater than or equal to KRW 1 trillion and less than KRW 2 trillion appointed compliance officers.

 

By industry, in the trading and telecommunication industries, both the companies subject to the obligation appointed compliance officers, and the appointment rate was 100%. Next, construction/building materials (83.8%), shipbuilding/machinery/equipment (73.9%), energy (66.7%), and services (65.1%) also had higher-than-average seniority rates.

 

However, it was found that public corporations did not appoint a compliance officer in all of the seven obligatory corporations. In particular, with the exception of Kangwon Land, six companies including Korea Electric Power Corporation, Korea Gas Corporation, Korea District Heating Corporation, KEPCO KPS, Korea Electric Power Technology, and Grand Korea Leisure (GKL) have not been in compliance even once since they were designated as obligated to appoint a compliance officer. No supporters were appointed.

 

By group, out of 56 groups that had companies subject to mandatory appointment, 38 groups had all of the companies subject to mandatory appointment appointing a compliance officer. These include Samsung, Hyundai Motors and LG (11 each), Lotte (10), Hyundai Heavy Industries (7), Shinsegae/CJ (6 each), and Hyosung and Harim (5 each).

 

Meanwhile, it was found that 166 (66.7%) of a total of 249 companies that have appointed a compliance officer have appointed a person with legal qualifications as a compliance officer. The remaining 83 places (33.3%) were entrusting their positions to those who satisfies the period of working experience. A compliance officer must meet the qualifications of a lawyer, or a professor of law with 5 or more years of experience, or someone with extensive legal knowledge and experience.

 

Samsung Electronics had the largest number of employees in the compliance support organization within the company. The number increased by 15 from 53 in 2018 to 68 this year. SK Hynix ranked second with 38 people, followed by NAVER (30 people), Korean Air (29 people), CJ Korea Express (25 people), Lotte Shopping (24 people), LG Electronics (22 people), Samsung C&T (21 people) Seven companies, including Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (20 people), also have more than 20 employees in the compliance support organization. 

 

 

기사제보 및 보도자료 119@breaknews.com
ⓒ 한국언론의 세대교체 브레이크뉴스 / 무단전재 및 재배포금지
 
  • 도배방지 이미지

  • 미 미국중국아프리카군사기지현황 2021/12/06 [17:39] 수정 | 삭제
  • 세네갈 부르키나파소 가나카메룬공고민주공화국가봉케냐보츠와나소말리아남수단니자르차드세이셀
  • al 미국군사기지 2021/12/06 [17:36] 수정 | 삭제
  • 세네갈부르키나파소가나카메룬가봉콩고민주공화국보츠와나케냐세이셀우간다남수단니제르수단세아셀 중앙아프리카공화국
  • 미국중국아프리카군사기지현황 2021/12/06 [17:31] 수정 | 삭제
  • 중국(오보크) 미국(르보니에) 지부티 적도기니 중국(계획중)
  • fed 금리인상시점 2021/12/05 [19:09] 수정 | 삭제
  • 글로벌투자은행대상설문 자료;한국은행뉴욕사무소 (단위;개) 2 5 4 2
  • ( ) ( 단위:개) 2021/12/05 [18:48] 수정 | 삭제
  • 5,600 225 290 90 165 160 540 6,257 350 642 45 250
  • 2021년핵탄두및발사대현황 2021/12/05 [18:45] 수정 | 삭제
  • 핵탄두에프에이에스'전세계핵무기현황'자료현황 발사대다이맥 '탄도및순항 미사일위협'자료기준 (단위:개) 미국영국프랑스이스라엘파키스탄인도중국러시아북한
  • ㅐ) *핵탄두 FAS 자료기준 나머지 국방백서 2020 2021/12/05 [18:34] 수정 | 삭제
  • ( 단위:배) 2,7 2.5 2 1.2 1.1
  • 미정당지지층별 원전찬성비율 2021/12/04 [13:21] 수정 | 삭제
  • ( 단위:%) 자료:캠프아메리카 64 66 64 64 37 44 56 60 자료;에코아메리카
  • 디램현물거래가격 2021/12/04 [12:42] 수정 | 삭제
  • ( 단위=달러) *디디알포지비2666엠피에스 3.301 3.168 4.855
광고
광고



광고